FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Are you thinking of investing in RAK? Please see below the most frequently asked questions

Who are RAK Properties?

RAK Properties is a Public Joint Stock Company (PJSC) that was formed in 2005 with the support of the Government of Ras Al Khaimah to oversee and contribute to the development of real estate, tourism and leisure facilities in Ras Al Khaimah.

What is the Company’s mission?

RAK Properties aims to support and promote the economic growth of Ras Al Khaimah, to assist in the emirate’s development plans and maximize shareholders’ value through pioneering projects in and around the coastal and inland areas of Ras Al Khaimah.

How much is the Company’s Capital?

RAK Properties has a sound capital of AED 2 billion. The company’s founders, who include the Government of Ras Al Khaimah, hold 45 per cent of the company’s share capital, while the remaining 55 per cent is held by the public.

What are the investment opportunities offered by RAK Properties?

RAK Properties offers individuals the opportunity to invest in and purchase their own homes in Ras Al Khaimah. The Company’s ongoing projects include Mina Al Arab and Julphar Towers, both offering 100% freehold for all nationalities. RAK Properties is also working towards launching several new projects in the future in both regional and international markets, thereby offering further opportunities for investment and home buying.

Where is Ras Al Khaimah?

One of the seven emirates that constitute the United Arab Emirates, Ras Al Khaimah is located at the northern end of the Arabian Gulf coast. The emirate is -45 minutes’ drive from Dubai International Airport. Straddled by the Hajjar Mountains on the East and the Arabian Gulf on the West, Ras Al Khaimah shares a mountainous border with the Sultanate of Oman. The emirate has a population of approximately 250,000.

How good a place is Ras Al Khaimah to live and invest in?

Ras Al Khaimah’s geography with its breathtaking mountains on one side and spectacular beaches on the other, coupled with its modern infrastructure, offers an excellent opportunity for people who want to live amidst enthralling natural landscape and a good urban environment.

The strategy followed by Ras Al Khaimah Government is to create opportunities for investors while developing the emirate’s economy primarily through the real estate and tourism sectors, with focus on infrastructure projects. The master plan envisioned by His Highness Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi clearly illustrates how this is to be achieved. Basically, the idea is that Public sector investment will remain concentrated on developing and modernizing infrastructure and upgrading the provision of basic services in the emirate, while the Private sector, will drive economic progress in the emirate and will focus on developing specialist and niche business activities.

The emirate has a successful track record as an exporter of ceramic tiles, medicines, cement, crushed rocks and fish while other sectors like construction, real estate and related industries have expanded enormously in the last few years.

What is RAK Properties’ current portfolio?

Our portfolio includes the following major developments in Ras Al Khaimah:
Mina Al Arab – Residential, Commercial, Retail and Leisure
Julphar Towers – Residential, Commercial.
We also have redevelopment projects in Abu Dhabi.

How do I contact RAK Properties if I am interested in buying a property in one of their projects?

Our dedicated and well trained staff will be glad to assist you in person at our sales center in UAE:
RAK Properties Sales Center – Julphar Towers, Ras Al Khaimah
You can also reach our Sales staff at:
UAE Toll Free Number: 800 4020
Ras Al Khaimah: Tel: +971 7 2284777 or Fax +971 7 2272444
P.O.Box 31113, Ras Al Khaimah – UAE

Can expatriates buy property in Ras Al Khaimah?

His Highness Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, the Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah, issued RAK law No. 18 of 2005 giving the right of 100% ownership of property to expatriates.

What financial institutions do home financing on RAK Properties projects?

We are working with different financial institutions including Amlak, HSBC, National Bank of Abu Dhabi and Commercial Bank International to provide attractive home finance options to our buyers.